Creative Strategies for Change Facilitator Training Fall 2014
Whittier Community Center 2900 Downing St., Denver, CO, 80205
Facilitators: Rachael K Sharp and King Salim Ajanku
Tuition: $400 | Scholarships, Internships, and CEU’s available
Friday October 3 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday October 4 11:00am – 7:00pm
Sunday October 5 10:00am – 4:00pm
Facilitate honest, empathic communication. Address root causes of disparities in access and opportunities. Integrate arts and culture. Develop 21st Century Learning Skills. Create lasting impact.
The Creative Strategies for Change (CSC) Facilitator Training is an in depth introduction to the CSC 3 Model, integrating (1) Social Justice Frameworks, (2) Arts Engagement, and (3) Restorative Practices. It is an intensive professional development opportunity for educators, organizers, administrators, and teaching artists. Participants build skills for informed action toward thriving, vibrant communities that are rich in arts, culturally responsive, socially just, and sustained by restorative systems. The course is a hands-on introduction to tools and resources that are applicable in any classroom, office, or community based learning environment.
- “The facilitation team was amazing, patient, and encouraging, thank you!”
- “I really appreciate you all bringing these issues into the light in a fun, interactive, and accessible way.”
- “Very well organized, I really liked the interaction!”
- “It was amazing, eye opening, and made me more aware…”
- “I loved how I felt so accepted.”
- “I feel inspired from this session. I believe inspiration is one of the key elements for keeping this work moving forward in a healing direction. There is so much to be healed and we are empowering each other to envision that happening large scale.”