CSC Facilitating Artist Positions
Part Time | Independent Contractor | 1-5 hours / week
Contract Dates: July 2019–June 2020 – opportunity to continue
**Required orientation and training Sept. 20th – 22nd**
Compensation: $40-50/hr. (based on training and experience)
CSC is hiring facilitating artists in all genres; dance, music, theater, visual arts, etc. to provide enrichment programs for K-12 students. Seeking candidates who are committed to providing artistic and educational excellence in alignment with the CSC mission, vision, and values. CSC also has occasional opportunities to participate in performances and workshops outside of regularly scheduled enrichment programs.
At CSC, we teach practical frameworks of Social Justice through Arts Engagement and Restorative practices. As a facilitating artist, you will be given the tools to teach an understanding of systems of oppression, social identities, community engagement and more to all school levels. As a facilitating artist, you will have a tremendously positive effect on your community through relationships with youth.
Facilitating Artists are primarily responsible for independently planning and teaching weekly classes utilizing the CSC Curriculum and Model – integrating social justice frameworks and restorative practices, with arts education. Classes follow a specific structure and allow room for creative liberty, while working with students to develop a culminating presentation or performance. Facilitating Artists are responsible for administering post student assessments, as well as completing weekly planning documents. Facilitating artists are required to complete the orientation and training September 20th-22nd (meals provided), as well as additional orientation and training as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the CSC mission, vision, and values.
- Commitment to the CSC Organizational Agreements and Restorative System in principle and practice.
- 2 years experience as a teaching artist in the specified art form, with clear understanding of youth arts education, development, and engagement.
- Proactive, self-motivated, positive attitude, able to work independently and interdependently with the diverse CSC Team, students, and community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion to learn social, racial, and restorative justice.
- Critical, strategic thinking and the capacity to manage multiple priorities.
- Flexibility to adjust and creatively navigate unforeseen challenges.
- Working knowledge of Google Drive and Surveymonkey preferred.
- CSC team members are required to participate in the facilitator training once each year.
To apply for a Facilitating Artist position, please send a cover letter stating your interest in working with CSC and specifying your art forms, with a resume, references, and 3 examples of your work to email@example.com. Please visit the website to learn more about the organization, and don’t hesitate to contact
CSC strongly encourages applications from diverse, creative, leaders of color for all listed positions. Creative Strategies for Change is committed to a policy of equitable representation across the organization and will not discriminate on the basis of race, ability status, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, socioeconomic status, or other social identities.