CSC Facilitating Artist Positions
*Please apply by October 2nd*
Part Time | Independent Contractor | 1-5 hours / week
**Required orientation and training Via ZOOM**
- Friday 10/9, 4:30pm-8:00pm MST
- Saturday 10/10, 10:00am-2:30pm MST
- Sunday 10/11, 10:00am-1:30pm MST
- Friday 10/16, 4:30pm-8:00pm MST
- Saturday 10/17, 10:00am-2:30pm MST
Compensation: $30-$60 /hr starting (based on training & experience)
CSC is hiring facilitating artists in all genres; dance, music, elements of hip-hop, spoken word, social imagination, digital storytelling, visual arts, etc. to provide enrichment programs for K-12 students. Seeking candidates who are committed to providing artistic and educational excellence in alignment with the CSC mission, vision, and values.
At CSC, we teach practical frameworks of Social Justice through Arts Engagement and Restorative practices. As a facilitating artist, you will be given the tools to teach an understanding of systems of oppression, social identities, community engagement and more to all school levels. As a facilitating artist, you will have a tremendously positive effect on your community through relationships with youth.
Facilitating Artists are responsible for independently planning and teaching weekly classes utilizing the CSC Curriculum and Model – integrating social justice frameworks and restorative practices, with arts education. Classes follow a specific structure and allow room for creative liberty, while working with students to develop a culminating presentation or performance. Facilitating Artists are responsible for administering post student assessments, as well as completing weekly planning documents.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the CSC mission, vision, and values.
- Commitment to the CSC Organizational Agreements and Restorative System in principle and practice.
- 2 years experience as a teaching artist in the specified art form, with clear understanding of youth arts education, development, and engagement.
- Proactive, self-motivated, positive attitude, able to work independently and interdependently with the diverse CSC Team, students, and community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion to learn social, racial, and restorative justice.
- Critical, strategic thinking and the capacity to manage multiple priorities.
- Flexibility to adjust and creatively navigate unforeseen challenges.
- Working knowledge of Google Drive and Surveymonkey preferred.
- CSC team members are required to participate in the facilitator training once each year.
To apply for a Facilitating Artist position, please send a cover letter stating your interest in working with CSC and specifying your art forms, along with a resume, references, and 2 examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSC strongly encourages applications from diverse, creative, leaders of color for all listed positions. Creative Strategies for Change is committed to a policy of equitable representation across the organization and will not discriminate on the basis of race, ability status, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, socioeconomic status, or other social identities.